Sometimes a large amount of documents need to be changed, for example: migrate 100 articles to another category, add the keyword "big bird" to all articles found when searching for "pino".
This functionality will currently be limited to 1000 content items, to avoid the use of background tasks / crons. When we have improved features in Integrated for background tasks this feature will be extended to be used with more items.
Please see the screens for each step
- Step 1: menu option in Content Navigator, Tools -> Bulk change this selection
- Step 2: display a list of titles marked with a checkbox. The user can de-select items he do not want. If over 1000 items are in the selection only the first 1000 will be displayed. A red message will appear on top "Bulk change is limited to 1000 items at once. Only the first 1000 items have been included.".
- Step 3: for every relation add a "Add" and "Remove" select2, conform the select2 on the content edit page (note: in the future other options (for example migrate to another content type, or change a workflow status) will be added here)
- Step 4: confirm page
- After confirm a flash message confirms the migration. The migration will be started after that (in the front or as a background process)
- The buttons need to be styled conform the content edit page (Next in orange, Previous in grey)
- A bulk action will be executed immediately, not as background task
- Please use services to be able to use them in code (maybe for migration scripts will over 1000 items) and for background tasks in the future